Monday, October 13, 2008

Signs of the Times

I am a devoted Christian. That is my life's work. That is my existence. I may not be a great hunter or a perfect person. I sin almost daily and my sin stems from my pride and the rebellion that comes from it. Just the same, I am called to use my skills and talents to further the Kingdom of God. This site needs to do that as well.

It seems to me that we are about to begin the end times. Here are some prophecies that have been fulfilled or could be fulfilled at any time:

  • Israel come together from many nations and formed their own country in the mid 1900's.
  • In 2001 a plan for peace between Israel and it's neighboring countries was drafted up by the leader of Jordan, King Abdullah. This plan was agreed to by all parties involved except Syria, Iraq and Lybia. Iraq has been transformed. Will the other two countries be as well. Watch and see.
  • How close are we to a one world economy?
  • Is the United Nations a one world government? Or is it a precursor for one?
  • How many tragic disasters have occurred over the last 2-3 years?
  • It is prophesied that it will cost a days wages just to buy the food for that day. While things are getting quite expensive we may not be quite to this point yet. Is it possible that we are headed that direction. Even a fool like me can see that the financial crisis that we are currently in could in fact lead to the fruition of this prophecy. The crisis is affecting the economy of every country in the world.
We, as Christians, don't need to look much further to decide that if we are not telling people about Christ we are doing them a great disservice. If we really believe that Jesus is the only way to get to heaven and that heaven and hell are eternal, then we are letting people die if we are doing any less than shouting the Good News from the mountain tops. Does it matter that we may get made fun of? Or that we are going to look like maniacs or extremist to the secular world. No it doesn't.

Loving our neighbor as our self... Let's actually practice this exercise. Ask yourself if you would want to be told about Christ if you were not a Christian? How about if you were on your way to hell? Really good people who haven't humbled themselves before Christ asking that his blood be applied to them will be in hell forever. If that fact doesn't bother your then you may want to do some soul searching.

The gospel is simply this. If you live and breath you sin. Your sin is punishable by separation from God in a place of eternal torment called hell. Jesus died for your sins about 2000 years ago. If you will recognize your sin, believe that Jesus died for you, turn from your sin, humbly ask God to allow Jesus' blood to cover your sins, surrender you life to God that he may daily change you into what he has in mind for you and become baptized. Then you will be saved. You will spend eternity at home in heaven.

Please follow the below link to my other website titled Serving Christ.

http://sean-servingchrist.blogspot.com/

If you make a decision for Christ please let me know here or on my other blog.

God bless,
Sean

2 comments:

Justin said...

I have been a subscriber to your blog for the past couple of weeks or so. I did a search for hunting blogs one day out of curiosity, liked your picture of the Elk in the river, and signed up for the RSS feed. Now I look forward to your reviews and posts on hunting - but what a bonus that God pointed me towards a brother in Christ. I'm proud of you for combining your interests in hunting with your purpose as a believer. I enjoyed your post today and hope that God speaks to many of your subscribers through it. Thank you and keep up the good work!!

Sean said...

Justin,

Thank you for your comments.

In Christ,
Sean