Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hunters Specialties, Scent-A-Way Laundry Detergent and Shower Soap Review

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Today I want to review Hunter's Specialties, Scent-A-Way products. I have been using these products for about 6 years now. I have never had any problems with them. They eliminate smells, they don't have UV brighteners, and they are long lasting and effective. I have had deer directly down wind within 15 yards of my stand without so much as a glance at the the tree I was sitting in.

It seems to me that these products are best in the no scent formulas. Using the dirt or acorn scented versions of these products are a hindrance and should be avoided. The trouble with them is that they put too much scent in the area. Sure these scents are found in the woods but, they don't necessarily smell so strong in a given area and therefore may alert deer to your coming and going. Additionally, having a dirt smell in a tree is not natural. The scent free versions make you disappear.

Here are the items in the Scent-A-Way family of products that I regularly use and will continue to do so until they stop making them or someone shows a reason why not to use them:

  • Shampoo
  • Bar Soap
  • Deodorant
  • Cover Spray
  • Laundry Detergent
You can not go wrong with these products. I have tried others over the years due to convenience, but I haven't found any that I liked as well. I have been blown at by deer or inspected closely when using other products. I haven't been blown at with Scent-A-Way except when I forgot to use cover spray or had done something in my stand that spooked the deer.

These products are readily available in just about all outdoor stores and WalMart. They are typically cheaper than most others and in my humble opinion work the very best. Even if there is another product that works as good as the Scent-A-Way products they can't work better. Perfect is perfect.

Blessings,
Sean

No comments: