Sunday, October 12, 2008

ScentLok Carbon Suit Update

Last week a friend of mine and I went hunting together and we sat in a ground blind. I left my house a few minutes after I got home from work and decided that I would test the suit without me taking a scent free shower. I wore a regular pair of shorts and a tee shirt that had been washed in Tide and not scent free laundry detergent.

We were hunting a new area and needed to clear some shooting lanes. The noise that was made breaking branches probably accounted for our not seeing deer. We enjoyed the hunt though.

When we got back to the truck I unzipped my suit to put it back into it's plastic tote. My friend said man I just got a whiff of soap. He said, "I have been sitting beside you for about 4 hours and I never smelled that smell. But, as soon as you unzipped the coveralls I smelled soap."

This seems to indicate that the coveralls were doing something. I am not willing to give a thumbs up yet as I haven't had any deer down wind of me to judge the performance of the garment. It did occur to me though that no matter how scent free I am I will always have a tree stand, chair or ground blind to put off some scent. I can not leave these items in the woods because I hunt public land. Not only is it illegal for me to leave them, but they would surely get stolen.

Blessings,
Sean

1 comment:

you smell like shit said...

YOU SMELL LIKE SHIT AND ALL THE ANIMALS IN THE FOREST KNOW IT!!!

THEY MADE FUN OF YOU WHEN YOU LEFT AND CALLED YOUR SHITSTANK FOR A WEEK.